Eight Citi Leaders Named to American Banker's 2022 Most Powerful Women Lists
By Sara Wechter, Global Head of Human Resources, Citi October 05, 2022 09:00 AM
I've had the great pleasure of working at a company that champions women and empowers their growth and success. It was nearly five years ago that we broke ground by disclosing our adjusted pay results, and it was four years ago that we were one of the first financial institutions to disclose the pay gaps for women across our firm and minorities in the U.S. A year later, we set goals for increasing women in our senior ranks, which we exceeded. We are surrounded by amazing women who are growing our businesses and leading our firm into the future. I see them in action every day, and now I'm so thrilled that they are receiving some of the public recognition they deserve from one of our industry's premier publications. American Banker has just named eight of our colleagues to their "Most Powerful Women" rankings.
This continues to build on the great progress we've made across our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at Citi this year, including our recent announcement that we expanded our diversity representation goals to additional markets and underrepresented groups through 2025, our continued pay equity transparency and having the most women promoted in recent years to our 2021 Managing Director class.
Please join me in me in congratulating our leaders and our fellow colleagues on their success at Citi and in our industry:
Most Powerful Women in Banking
- Jane Fraser, Chief Executive Officer
- Karen Peetz, Chief Administrative Officer
- Titi Cole, Chief Executive Officer, Legacy Franchises
Most Powerful Women in Finance
- Ida Liu, Global Head, Citi Private Bank
- Julie Monaco, Global Head of Public Sector, Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory
- Maria Hackley, Global Co-Head Industrials, Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory
Most Powerful Women to Watch
- Christina Mohr, Vice Chair, Global M&A
- Emily Turner, Managing Director, Head of Innovation and Business Development, Institutional Clients Group